A two-year-old from Highlands Ranch Colorado is recovering at Littleton Adventist Hospital after suffering a rattlesnake bite. Maggie Browning was playing along a path with her family near the visitors center at Roxborough State Park according to 9 News, when her parents heard her scream. That's when they saw the rattlesnake.

Soon after, Maggie started to exhibit bit symptoms, including vomiting and slipping in and out of consciousness. When she arrived at the hospital, they confirmed that she had been bitten by a rattlesnake and administered the anti-venom. According to her family, she is doing better and making a slow recovery.

As the weather gets warmer, authorities are warning Colorado residents and visitors to be alert of rattlesnakes coming out of hibernation.