12-year-old Anil Barela can finally breathe easy after doctors successfully removed a live fish from his lung; a fish that Anil accidentally inhaled when he meant to swallow it as part of a prank.

Dr. Pramod Jhawar, a chest specialist and bronchoscope expert said that it was the first case of its kind he had come across in 20 years — and that the fish put up a great fight.

“The fish was live and taking its last breath when the bronchoscopy was done, restricting the functioning of both the lungs resulting in low intake of oxygen,” Jhawar said.

[via Huffington Post]

I wonder of he could feel the fish wriggling around in there!  *shudder*

CLICK HERE for more “Doses of Weird!”