Fort Collins Rated Third Most Hungover City in America
Sure, the city of Fort Collins has made it on ‘top 10′ and ‘best of’ lists for all sorts of things over the years, but being top-rated in this category might not be considered to be as prestigious as the others.
It’s no secret that the citizens of Fort Collins enjoy their alcohol. With all of the local breweries, and a great downtown featuring a variety of bars for everyone’s taste, there’s definitely no shortage of drinking establishments around the area.
Next time you decide to go to one of these bars or breweries to throw one back (or five), we hope have a great time, while not becoming a part of these stats. In a recent poll done by Business Insider, Fort Collins came in at #3 out of 25 of the most hungover cities in America. The hangover score is tallied by finding the average of the percentile rankings of five categories, and has a theoretical range from 0 to 100.
Here are how the statistics were broken down:
- 9.3% of people admitted to drinking heavily
- 26.4% of people admitted to binge drinking (The CDC defines binge drinking as 5 or more drinks in one sitting for men, and 4 or more drinks in one sitting for women)
- 13.2 bars per 100,000 people
- 21.6 beer/wine/liquor stores per 100,000 people
- 5.5 alcoholic beverage producing establishments per 100,000 residents