Veterans Day Activities Planned All Week Long in Loveland
At K99 we love our veterans and the sacrifices they have made for all of us. We salute Loveland for commitment to the men and women who have served our country. There are several Veterans Day activities planned throughout the week.
According to the Loveland Reporter Herald, Robert Wideman will speak at one of the first Veterans Day events tomorrow. He spent six years a prisoner of war in Vietnam. Wideman will speak during the Veterans Day Tribute from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Chilson Senior Center. The event includes music from Dave Dillion and the Posting of Colors by the Color Guard from the Associated Veterans Club. The event is free for veterans, $5 for non-veterans, $3 with Senior Activity Card.
- Veterans Concert, 2-3 p.m. in the Mary Blair Elementary gym. Fourth-grade students will honor those who have served our country with a musical tribute and American flag display. The program is free.
- Veterans Day Service, 6 p.m., All Saints Episcopal Church, 3448 N. Taft Ave., Loveland. Following the service, a small reception will take place in Ford Hall. For more info: allsaintsloveland.org
- 4 a.m. - 6 a.m. - Bells will ring throughout the streets of Loveland led by the VFW in Loveland.
- 6-9 a.m. - Breakfast at the Associated Veterans Club, Associated Veterans Club, 305 N. Cleveland Ave., Loveland. A breakfast of eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy and beverages will be served. Open to everyone, free for veterans that show up in full uniform. Adults $5, children $3.
- 8 a.m. - Organizational displays, Associated Veterans Club, 305 N. Cleveland
- 9:30 a.m. The American flag will be raised as Loveland Housing Authority opens the doors of The Edge, near East 15th Street and Boyd Lake Avenue, to welcome new residents; among the first are veterans. More info: lovelandhousing.org
- 11:11 a.m. - Veterans Day Parade will depart from Third Street and Railroad Avenue and head north to Dwayne Webster Veterans Park, 401 W. 13th St., Loveland.
- 11:30 - 1:30 p.m. Lunch at the Elks, , Loveland Elks Lodge, 103 E. Fourth St., Loveland.
- Noon - Loveland Police Chief Bob Ticer will speak at Dwayne Webster Veterans Park, 401 W. 13th St., Loveland. Ticer was a sergeant in the Air Force.
- noon-2 p.m. - Associated Veterans Club lunch, Sons of the Veterans Club will serve a meal at the at the club, 305 N. Cleveland Ave. Open to everyone, cost is $5 and free for veterans in full uniform. Starting at 4 p.m. there will be light snacks, DJ and karaoke to follow.
- 12:30 p.m. - Elks Lodge Special Service , Loveland Elks Lodge, 103 E. Fourth St. Guest speaker is Matt Canaga, a U.S. Marine.
- 3:45 p.m. - Loveland High School graduates memorial, outside of Loveland High School, 920 W. 29th St.. The memorial will honor 33 Loveland High School graduates who were killed in action.
- 6-8 p.m. - "A Veteran's Journey Retold Through Art" exhibit, , Aim Community College Loveland Campus, 104 E. Fourth St. Graphic design students tell the stories of veterans through art. More info: www.aims.edu/academics/visual-arts
- 7-10 p.m. - Concert with Barely Gettin' By, , Loveland Elks Lodge, 103 E. Fourth St., Loveland. Open to the public.
A special thank you to the Loveland Reporter Herald for providing the information about the Veterans Day activities in Loveland.