All Voluntary Evacuations Lifted in Greeley – [Updated 6/6/14 @ 4 am]
All voluntary evacuations in Greeley have been lifted.
Residents are asked to continue watching river and stream levels as fluctuations in the river level will occur daily depending on weather conditions and other factors. The river is still over its banks in many locations and several roads are still closed. Please use caution
- D Street from 11th Avenue to 14th Avenue (Island Grove Park east entrance)
- 25th Avenue from F Street to O Street
Preliminary Damage Estimates:
City of Greeley’s Building Inspection Division conducted initial damage assessments today and reported the following estimates of damage to private residences and businesses.
- 11 damaged residences – estimated 6 with minor damage and 5 with major damage
- 12 damaged businesses – estimated 9 with minor damage and 5 with major damage
Voluntary Evacuation Notices Still Effective:
5th Street on the north (includes addresses on both sides of the street); 7th Street on the south (includes addresses on both sides of the street); 6th Avenue on the west (includes addresses on both sides of the street); and the Poudre River on the east.
FLOODING STREET CLOSURES IN GREELEY
- 5th Street from Hwy 85 to 5th Avenue
- 6th Avenue from the Poudre Bridge to 3rd Street
- 71st Avenue at the Poudre River
- 83rd Avenue at the Poudre River
- 95th Avenue at the Poudre River
Additional Trail/Park Closures:
- The Poudre River Trail in Greeley is now closed from 11th Avenue in Greeley west through Windsor.
- Rover Run Dog Park is closed until further notice.
- Poudre Ponds Recreational Fishery in Greeley is also closed to public access.
- The Poudre Trail parking lot, trail head and open space at 71st Avenue are closed.
- Use caution while traveling along the Larson Ditch and Sheep Draw Trail corridors, including the McCloskey Natural Area, Pumpkin Ridge Natural Area and Hunters Cove West Natural Area flash flooding has occurred during and after recent storms.
ROAD CLOSURES IN WINDSOR
- Jacoby Road- at the Poudre River
- County Line Road (WCR 13)- at Poudre River
- 7th Street (WCR 17) – at River Place Drive
- Riverplace Drive – at 7th Street
Windsor Parks and Trails Closures
- Poudre Pooch Park
- Oxbow Disc Golf Course
- Eastman Park – SW fields and south of Poudre River
- Eastman Park – Restrooms
- Poudre River Trail – 7th Street to Hwy 392
- Poudre River Trail – east of Hwy 257