Even though Colorado has become one of the most talked-about states in the past several years, I’m surprised how much I still hear about L.A., New York, Florida, Texas, and numerous other places that are awesome, yet I’d rather be here, and in fact I AM, so like, what about us?
If you can identify with the above even just a little bit, you’re sure to appreciate these songs and videos that mention Colorado. Enjoy!
- Michael Franti by Ganja Babe
- Swingtime In The Rockies by Benny Goodman
- What’s the Altitude by Cut Chemist feat. Hymnal
- I-70 Westbound by Railbenders
- Colorado by Paper Bird
- 40 Miles From Denver by YMSB
- You Wild Colorado by Johnny Cash
- Man of Constant Sorrow by Bob Dylan
- Get out of Denver by Bob Seger
- Things to do in Denver when you’re dead by Warren Zevon
- Gary Snipes and the Eclectic Orchestra
- I know you Rider by Grateful Dead
- Colorado Christmas by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band!
- Rocky Mountain High by John Denver
- Rocky Mountain Way by Joe Walsh
- Good Life by One Republic
- America the Beautiful by Ray Charles
- Colorado 5591 by Blue October
- Colorado Sunrise by 3OH!3
1) Obvious, right?
Michael Franti – Ganja Babe
2) Thee best clarinetist to have ever lived! I could listen to this guy for hours.
Swingtime In The Rockies by Benny Goodman
3) Kind of a fun video, and reminds me of old-school rap, although this is 2006.
Cut Chemist feat. Hymnal “What’s the Altitude” Music Video
4) How about these foot stompers out of Denver?
Railbenders “I-70 Westbound” Denver Day of Rock 2013
5) Speaking of locals… And the song sounds as creepy as the town.
6) It was Tour de Fat that gave this Denver band its start touring.
Colorado – Paper Bird
7) From one of the “hippiest” towns in our state, Nederland.
YMSB – 2006-10-28 pt1 40 Miles From Denver
8) Ya either love Johnny Cash or you’re wrong! (And I’m not even into Country!)
Johnny Cash-You Wild Colorado
9) One Bob…
Bob Dylan,Man Of Constant Sorrow, Brighton,04.05.2002
10) Deserves another?
Bob Seger – “Get Out Of Denver”
11) If he’s spending the afterlife here, I take it he’s not bored.
“Things To Do In Denver When You’re Dead” by Warren Zevon
12) A lot more fun than Commerce City… usually, anyway.
Gary Snipes and the Eclectic Orchestra – Colfax Avenue
13) If you’ve never listened to the ‘Dead while driving through the mountains, you need to do yourself this favor!!!
Grateful Dead – I Know You Rider
14) Man! This is such a heart warmer for me every year.
Colorado Christmas, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band!
15) Obligatory. Obvious. Cliche. But still so, so moving.
John Denver – Rocky Mountain High (Audio)
16) This song was nice 40 years ago, the first 6,437,214 times I heard it. But here it is.
Joe Walsh- Rocky Mountain Way
17) The Colorado Springs group payin’ some respect.
“Good Life” One Republic + Lyrics
18) Among other places, this was inspired by Pike’s Peak, while its writer Katherine Bates went to college in Colorado Springs, which is why the Springs has America the Beautiful Park (even though it’s right next to a giant power plant.)
RAY CHARLES AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL
19) One more reason to love Blue October.
Colorado 5591 Blue October
20) These guys have been making our music scene look good for a little while, and I hope they don’t stop anytime soon!
3OH!3 Colorado Sunrise