Some of the greatest dishes are cooked on a wok using strong and rich spices. The downside is it can leave one’s house smelling for a long period of time. The solution is to cook outdoors on a wok burner allowing you to use a bigger wok and to leave the smell outside. We reviewed some of the top-rated outdoor wok burners and curated a list of our favorites.
Outdoor Wok Burners Reviews
1. 22 Inch Carbon Steel Wok Kit by Eastman Outdoors
- Big Kahuna propane burner with adjustable legs with propane gas regulator and hose.
- 22-Inch deep dish carbon steel wok with stainless steel wok spoon and spatula
- 12-Inch AccuZone thermometer to maintain proper temperature
- Fits Brinkmann 810-3250-F, 810-3250-W, Evanston . Instruction manual and wok how-to CD
What we love about this outdoor wok is the adjustable burner height and large 22-inch wok it comes with. The adjustable legs allow the height to range from 18″ to 26″ allowing you to use deep and shallow pots. This propane burner will reach 65,000 BTU and comes with a stainless steel wok spoon and spatula. Eastman Outdoors manufactures high-quality outdoor cooking equipment among other things.
2. 24-Inch Portable Propane Outdoor Cooker by King Kooker
- Sport Type: Camping & Hiking
- Portable propane outdoor cooker with 24-inch bolt-together frame
- Recessed top ring for secure placement of 18-inch steel wok
- 54,000-BTU CSA-certified cast burner; LP hose and regulator with type-1 connector
- Flame-protective wind guard; deep-fry thermometer; recipes included
This burner produces 54,000 BTU allowing you to cook at high heat. This is perfect for stir fry and other Asian dishes. It also comes with an 18-inch steel wok and features a type 1 connection allowing you to use a wide variety of propane tanks. Visit King Kooker’s official website for warranty information.
If your looking for a heavy-duty outdoor wok this is the one for you. The 18-inch steel wok gives you a large cooking surface to cook for a big group. Although it is not cast iron, we prefer the steel wok.
3. Portable Kahuna Burner with XL Pot and Wok Brackets by Eastman Outdoors
- TURN UP THE HEAT – 65,000 BTU Clean-burning, fuel-saving Revolution Burner, exceeds industry standards! Burns hotter, cleaner and more efficient than other burners
- SAFETY FIRST – Includes CSA approved adjustable propane regulator and hose with burner safety shut off. Ensures safe flow of pressure and gas
- HEAVY DUTY – Handles Woks up to 18” diameter and Pots up to 36 Quarts. Durable wok brackets support your wok and pots with a sturdy hold
- ADJUSTABLE, PORTABLE – Legs easily adjust from 18” for large pots and up to 26” ideal for woks, skillets and smaller pots. Legs are totally removable for compact storage
- EASY TO USE – Perfect for backyard cooking, camping, tailgating and more, just attach the legs and hook the hose up to a propane tank (not included), and you’re ready to go! For outdoor use only
Another high-quality outdoor burner by Eastman Outdoors featuring adjustable and removable legs. This makes it extremely portable and easy to carry. This burner will output 65,000 BTU making it perfect for outdoor cooking. It can handle woks up to 18″ in diameter giving you a large cooking surface.
It comes with a propane regulator making it safe and easy to use. However, at this price, it would have been nice if it came with a cooking wok.
4. Single Burner Camp Stove with Cast Iron Burner
- 54000 BTU Outdoor Cooker w Wok
- With our advanced camping gear, loaded with the latest innovative technologies, you'll be ready to turn your adventure into the trip of a lifetime
- Be prepared for anything with our camping essentials
- 54,000 B.T.U. premium cast burner, Operates up to 15 hours on 20 lb. propane tank
- Easy to use fuel/air mixture levers for optimum cooking performance
This outdoor wok burner features a cast iron burner allowing it to reach 54,000 BTU. It also comes with a cooking wok and is made out of solid steel. There is a place to set a 20lb propane fuel tank underneath and features a flame guard to protect against the wind.
It does not come with retractable legs and cannot be compact for easy portability. However, it is extremely well built since it uses steel making it stable and durable. We really liked the fact that it has solid brass fuel valves and comes with a wok.
5. Large 3 in 1 Concave Comal Stainless Steel 22″ and Propane Burner Stove
Even though this is technically a concave comal it still shares a lot of the same features as a wok. What we like about this piece of cooking equipment are the multiple cooking zones. this concave comal allows you to cook food at high heat in the center and keep food warm on the outside.
Constructed out of stainless steel and cast iron this outdoor propane burner is heavy-duty and will last a long time. The legs are not adjustable but it does include the 22″ stainless steel concave comal.
6. FireDisc – Deep 24″ Plow Disc Cooker
- CARBON STEEL CONSTRUCTION: The FireDisc travel cooker is the best tool for outdoor cooking enthusiasts. Whether you’re grilling some brats or fry-cooking a delicious feast, this disc cooker’s round pan design offers durability and versatility. FireDiscs are made with high-quality carbon steel that will hold up to heavy-duty use.
- COOK ANY FOOD, ANYWHERE: This cooker is designed for you to grill in your backyard, while tailgating, or while camping. FireDisc grills can cook virtually any food. Use it to prepare BBQ meats, scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, stew, veggies, and even fish. The walled design can contain high volumes of food and liquids, which makes it ideal for deep frying and preparing soups.
- COMFORTABLE 24 INCH HEIGHT: This FireDisc set includes a convenient stand with bending legs to accommodate uneven outside surfaces. The height means you don’t have to bend over or strain your back after a long day of adventures. It’s completely collapsible and portable, making it perfect for setting up in your yard or camp area.
- PROPANE GAS READY: The LP regulator in the FireDisc is designed to run off a 16.4 oz. green propane tank, but it is also adaptable to a white 20 lb. propane tank with a 4 ft. FireDisc Conversion Adapter LP Hose. The built-in FireDisc Heat Ring is powder-coated at 450 degrees. It’s the perfect accessory for a chef on the go!
- FIREDISC OUTDOOR ACCESSORIES: FireDisc Portable Propane Cookers and accessories (including weatherproof covers) are now sold throughout the country, across the globe, and online. Through their entrepreneurial spirit, passion, perseverance, and collaboration with industry experts, Griff and Hunter Jaggard have revolutionized the outdoor cooking marketplace with the innovative FireDisc Cooker.
This one is considered a plow disc cooker but is a great alternative to traditional cooking woks. This one has the largest cooking surface at 24″ and is made of carbon steel. This outdoor propane burner is portable and breaks up easily. The legs are not adjustable as it sits at a standard 24″ high.
Anyone can cook up some stir fry, bbq, or fish on this easy to use portable cooker. This high-quality cooking equipment is perfect for the outdoors and can cook foods for large parties.
Outdoor Wok Burner Accessories
Not all the propane burners we listed come with woks, ladles, lids, and carrying cases. Here are the best-rated accessories for your outdoor cooking wok.
20lb Propane Tank
- Never run out of propane with our bulit-in gauge
- Note: The propane tank is empty and ready to be filled with gas
- High grade steel welded construction
- Premium OPD valve assembly; DOT Approved
- Powder coated for long lasting exterior protection
This is a 20lb propane tank that has a built-in gauge allowing you to quickly read see how much fuel is left. This propane tank should last about 15 hours if you are cooking on medium to high heat. The only drawback to this propane tank is the size and weight.
Propane Fuel Cylinders, 16 oz (4 pack)
Compact lightweight propane cylinders make it ideal for travel and on the go cooking. Most of these propane burners accept either a large 20lb propane tank or a portable 16oz cylinder. This gives you the flexibility to cook at home or on the go.
Stainless Hand-Tooled Chuan & Hoak (Spatula & Ladle)
- 17" Spatula & 17" ladle, with wood handle. Hand-forged from a single piece of heavy duty stainless steel body. Best cooking set for Asian cooking.
- The wok spatula is designed to cook Asian foods. Easily flip and cook meats and vegetables with the shovel.This wok shovel also is constructed of a heavy-duty stainless steel construction. Also includes a wood handle that will lock into place after exposure to water.
- This durable iron wok ladle is a necessary complement to a wok and helps you remove foods faster from the high heat. Use the ladle to add oil, stock and liquids.The shape is different from standard ladles, making it an ideal multi-tasking tool for wok-frying.
- This set is a must for all lovers of Asian dishes. Please yourself and your friends with delicious food prepared by you with this wonderful set. You will be satisfied with the quality and durability of this kit.
A must-have when cooking on a wok, these utensils will allow you to stir and serve any dish. They can be used for both outdoor and indoor wok.
Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun
- BETTER ACCURACY: The distance to spot ratio is 12: 1, meaning the laser grip 1080 can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most other IR thermometers;
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 1022℉/ -50℃ to 550℃, you can choose the unit from ℉/ ℃; Response time: ≤500Ms; A built in laser gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure
- ADDED FUNCTIONS: The LCD screen is backlit, also has an auto-off function to extend the battery life, and features a low battery indicator so you never accidentally run out of juice (battery included)
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Infrared technology makes this thermometer handy to measure the surface temperature of various objects especially temperatures above boiling points and below freezing points; Use it when you are cooking and barbequing, performing auto maintenance, doing home repairs, and a host of other tasks
- NOTE: The thermometer can't measure the internal temperature of an object; Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects, the measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct; FDA, FCC, CE compliant; Class 2 laser, optical power 0. 5-0. 9Mw
Another key tool when cooking on an outdoor wok is a temperature gauge. This infrared thermometer gun allows you to get accurate readings from a distance, keeping you safe. Making it easier to follow recipes and other cooking instructions.
Considerations Before Purchasing An Outdoor Wok Burner
There are a couple of key components when deciding on which wok burner to choose. They break down to the following;
- BTU Output
- Wok Size
Portability – Most of these are portable since they are small, however not all of them break apart into smaller pieces. This will make it harder to travel with if you plan on taking it with you on the go. We recommend checking if they either collapse or easily break apart before making your decision
BTU Output – This is the amount of heat the burner will give off which is essential when cooking. Some foods and recipes require high heat for the meal preparation so be sure to check the products BTU output.
Wok Size – This will vary from person to person and their needs but it is important to identify what wok size you will need. Are you going to be using this for personal use or commercial and large parties? The wok size will determine the amount of food you can cook at one time.
All of the outdoor cooking woks we reviewed were great. Each one had their own unique and or special feature that set them apart from the rest. Think about how you’re going to use your outdoor burner and find the one that fits your needs.